Winter School 2018, Marburg, Feb. 19-23, 2018
February 19-23, 2018
The FOR 1807 Winter School on Numerical Methods for Strongly Correlated Quantum Systems will take place in Marburg at the Faculty of Physics of the University of Marburg from Monday, Feb. 19 to Friday, Feb. 23, 2018.
The school will cover the following numerical approaches to strongly correlated quantum systems:
- Quantum Monte Carlo methods
- Matrix-Product-State methods, in particular, the DMRG
- Tensor-Network-State methods
- Machine Learning
- Exact Diagonalization methods
Areas of application will include application of machine learning to solid state systems, quantum dissipative systems, quantum computation, strongly correlated fermionic, bosonic, and (frustrated) magnetic systems.
- Fakher Assaad (University of Würzburg) – Auxiliary-field QMC (AFQMC)
- Martin Hohenadler (University of Würzburg) – QMC method for retarded interactions (CT-INT)
- Andreas Honecker (University of Cergy-Pontoise) – Exact Diagonalization (ED)
- Corinna Kollath (University of Bonn) – Quantum Dissipative Systems (QDS)
- Salvatore Manmana (University of Göttingen) – DMRG at finite temperature, time evolution (DMRG)
- Frank Pollmann (Technical University of Munich) – Tensor Networks (TN)
- Robin Steinigeweg (University of Osnabrück) – Quantum Dynamical Typicality (QDT)
- Lei Wang (Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing) – Machine Learning (ML)
- Stefan Wessel (RWTH Aachen) – Stochastic Series Expansion (SSE)
|QMC4 Hands-On (ALF)
|End of school|
Informations for Hands-On Sessions:
For the following Hands-On sessions, please install the according packages/programs:
Tensor Networks: Intelpython, Canopy, or Anaconda (Python v2.7)
Machine Learning: Please visit this site
Exact Diagonalization: Python (2.7), documentation: https://github.com/alexwie/ed_basics
AFQMC (ALF): For the tutorial, visit this site. The ALF code can be found here.
To download the tutorial: git clone https://alf.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/ALF/ALF-Tutorial
To download the source code: git clone https://alf.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/ALF/ALF.git
SSE. You can download a python SSE code here.
Each poster should be no larger than A0 (85 cm x 120 cm).
If you wish to print your poster in Marburg, we recommend the following copy shops, close to the university:
Registration deadline expired at January 15, 2018. You can register for the waiting list here. We will contact you to clarify your participation as soon as possible.
Accommodation can be booked through the office of tourism of the town of Marburg. Please book as early as possible to be assured an accommodation of your choice; the deadline for guaranteed bookings is Jan. 15, 2018.
The conference fee does not cover the costs for accommodation.