Conference: Computational Methods for Quantum Many-Body Systems: Algorithms, Models and Materials
FOR1807 International Conference 2021
September 6-9, 2021
The conference will be held from September 6 to September 9, 2021 and will take place in a hybrid scheme, where in person participants will meet in the Paulinerkirche, Alfred-Hessel Saal, Göttingen, Germany, while others will join online via Zoom. Unfortunately, only invited speakers and FOR1807 members will be able to join in person.
The conference will cover the following topics in strongly correlated quantum systems:
- Novel Tensor Network and DMRG Methods
- Recent Advances in Fermionic QMC and SSE Methods
- Quantum Magnetism and Spin Liquids
- Theory of Ultrafast Dynamics in Strongly Correlated Materials
- Non-Equilibrium Dynamics in Closed Quantum Many-Body Systems
- Electron-Phonon Systems
- Entanglement in Quantum Many-Body Systems
We aim to bring together both international experts in the computational methods used in these fields as well as experts for the underlying theory and the analytical description. Moreover, a selected number of experimentalists will hold overview talks.
- Monika Aidelsburger (LMU Munich)
- Ehud Altman (University of California, Berkeley)
- Janez Bonca (University of Ljubljana)
- Philippe Corboz (University of Amsterdam)
- Fabian Essler (Oxford University)
- Snir Gazit (Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Andreas Honecker (University of Cergy-Pontoise)
- Stefan Kehrein (University of Göttingen)
- Oers Legeza (University of Budapest)
- Benjamin Lenz (University of Paris-Saclay)
- David Luitz (MPI PKS Dresden)
- Roderich Moessner (MPI PKS Dresden)
- Roger Melko (University of Waterloo)
- Zi Yang Meng (IOP, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing)
- Frederic Mila (EPFL Lausanne)
- Stephen Nagler (Oak Ridge National Laboratory)
- Sebastian Paeckel (LMU Munich)
- Claus Ropers (University of Göttingen)
- Sandro Sorella (SISSA, Trieste)
- Francesco Parisen Toldin (University of Würzburg)
- Roser Valenti (University of Frankfurt)
- Manuel Weber (Georgetown University)
- Alexander Wietek (Flatiron Institute, New York)
- Steve White (University of California, Irvine) – to be confirmed
Begin: Monday September 6th 2021, early afternoon
End: Thursday, September 9th 2021, ca. 5pm
Slides and scanned notes can be found here: …
There will be a virtual poster session using gather.town, where the posters will be displayed throughout the conference. Additionally, there will be a poster slam consisting of one minute summaries/teasers of the research.
Participants intending to present a poster should send their poster and a single summaries/teasers slide by August 30th to for1807[at]physik.uni-wuerzburg.de.
You can register here. Due to the on-line nature of the event, there will be no participation fee.
If you did already register and would like to update your Abstract, please send an email with your new Abstract to for1807[at]physik.uni-wuerzburg.de.
Invited Speakers do not need to register.
We kindly ask onsite participants (invited speakers and FOR 1807 members only) to make their own hotel reservation. We have blocked a number of rooms in the hotels listed below, using the keyword “FOR1807“. Reimbursement will be handled by Würzburg after the conference. For administrative reasons, the invoice address should be the address of the guest.
Hotel STADT HANNOVER oHG
Address: Goethe-Allee 21, 37073 Goettingen, Germany
Phone: +49 551-547 96 0
Fax: +49 551-454 70
We have reserved for participants for the dates 05./06.09. – 09.09.2021:
– 10 Single rooms for a preferential rate of EUR 79,00 / night / room
– 9 Double rooms for a preferential rate of EUR 92,00 / night / room
Breakfast and taxes are included. The rooms are blocked until 8.8.2021, free cancellation is possible until 48 hours before arrival.
HOTEL CENTRAL GÖTTINGEN
Address: Jüdenstraße 12, 37073 Göttingen, Germany
Phone: +49 551-57157
Fax: +49 551-57105
We have reserved 6 single rooms for participants for the dates 05.09. – 09.09.2021 for EUR 84,00 / night / room.
Breakfast and taxes are included. The rooms are blocked until 15.8.2021, free cancellation is possible until 48 hours before arrival.
B&B Hotel Göttingen-City
Address: Maschmühlenweg 19-21, 37073 Göttingen, Germany
Phone: +49 551-30980-0
GHotel hotel & living Göttingen
Address: Bahnhofsallee 1a, 37081 Göttingen, Germany
Phone: +49 551-52 11 0
Address: Groner Landstraße 55, 37081 Göttingen, Germany
Phone: +49 551-50 51 0
- F. F. Assaad, Würzburg
- F. Heidrich-Meisner, Göttingen
- S. R. Manmana, Göttingen
- R. M. Noack, Marburg
Kati Oldenburg, Göttingen:
Tel. +49 551 39-27682
Fax +49 551 39-29631